Your privacy is of great importance to us and our Website has been developed with that in mind. We recognize your right to know what information is being collected about you and how that information will be used, as well as our legal obligations to limit collection and protect what we do collect.
- You do not have to give us personal information to visit our site.
- We collect personally identifiable information (name, email address, and/or other unique identifier), which is specifically and knowingly provided by you. In some cases, the personally identifiable information you provide will be used to merely respond to your electronic inquiry and will not be maintained. If we ask you to provide personally identifiable information in order to take advantage of a product or service and we maintain that information, you will be given a Privacy Act statement before the transmission of your information. The Privacy Act statement declares the purposes for collecting the information and the potential uses of it.
Information collected and stored automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our Website.
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The pages you visit.
- If you linked to the SupplyPike Website from another Website, the Internet address of that Website.
Information collected from e-mails and on-line forms
Most of our Web pages allow you to send us an e-mail. If your e-mail message includes personally-identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing an inquiry, we will use that information to respond to your inquiry. In addition, in some cases, it may be used to send you follow-up information about products and services in which you have expressed an interest.
Remember that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes information such as your bank account, charge card, or social security number, you should send it by mail unless our Website indicates the particular site is secured.
Security — Detection of unauthorized intrusions
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, SupplyPike employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
Significant actions when information enters a System of Records
Parts of our Website allow you to purchase products and services or request information electronically. In those instances, we will collect the information needed to fulfill your order or request, just as though your order or request had been made on paper. That information will be maintained and protected, which means that it will be secured in transit to us until once received. Before transmitting the information to us, you will be given a Privacy Act statement that tells you the purpose for collection and the potential disclosures that may be made of the information you provide. We will let you know those circumstances in which it may be necessary to make a disclosure-such as to fulfill your order, to another entity or agency on your behalf.