Most common 800 transaction codes:
- This transaction set can be used to provide for customary and established business and industry practice relative to the billing for goods and services provided.
- Benefit: Speeds up payment and eliminates steps.
850 Purchase Order
- The transaction set can be used to provide for customary and established business and industry practice relative to the placement of purchase orders for goods and services. This transaction set should not be used to convey purchase order changes or purchase order acknowledgment information.
- Benefit: Faster fulfillment due to the elimination of vendor data entry time.
855 Purchase Order Acknowledgment
- The transaction set can be used to provide for customary and established business and industry practice relative to a seller’s acknowledgment of a buyer’s purchase order. This transaction set can also be used as notification of a vendor-generated order. This usage advises a buyer that a vendor has or will ship merchandise as prearranged in their partnership.
- Outbound Benefit: The customer is more likely to buy knowing they will receive the correct quantity on time.
- Inbound Benefit: Knowing promptly about short/late shipments allows time to demand better performance or find another vendor.
856 Shipment Notice/Manifest
- The transaction set can be used to list the contents of a shipment of goods as well as additional information relating to the shipment, such as order information, product description, physical characteristics, type of packaging, marking, carrier information, and configuration of goods within the transportation equipment. The transaction set enables the sender to describe the contents and configuration of a shipment in various levels of detail and provides an ordered flexibility to convey information. The sender of this transaction is the organization responsible for detailing and communicating the contents of a shipment, or shipments, to one or more receivers of the transaction set. The receiver of this transaction set can be any organization having an interest in the contents of a shipment or information about the contents of a shipment.
- Outbound Benefit: It confirms receipt of merchandise and authorizes payment, alerts the customer’s shipping dock of incoming shipment, and eliminates manual data entry.
- Inbound Benefit: Alerts the receiving dock that goods are coming, confirms that the promise made in the PO acknowledgment (855) is kept.
894 Delivery/Return Base Record
- The transaction set can be used to enable a Direct Store Delivery (DSD) vendor to communicate the details of a DSD delivery and is to be used during the check-in procedure.
Full List of 800 Transaction Codes: Supply Chain
|EDI 816||Organizational Relationships|
|EDI 818||Commission Sales Report|
|EDI 830||Planning Schedule w/ Release Capability|
|EDI 832||Price/Sales Catalog|
|EDI 840||Request for Quotation|
|EDI 841||Specifications/Technical Information|
|EDI 842||Non-Conformance Report|
|EDI 843||Response to Request for Quotation|
|EDI 845||Price Authorization Acknowledgment/Status|
|EDI 846||Inventory Inquiry/Advice|
|EDI 847||Material Claim|
|EDI 848||Material Safety Data Sheet|
|EDI 850||Purchase Order|
|EDI 851||Asset Schedule|
|EDI 852||Product Activity Data|
|EDI 853||Routing and Carrier Instruction|
|EDI 855||Purchase Order Acknowledgment|
|EDI 856||Ship Notice/Manifest|
|EDI 857||Shipment and Billing Notice|
|EDI 860||Purchase Order Change Request – Buyer Initiated|
|EDI 861||Receiving Advice/Acceptance Certificate|
|EDI 862||Shipping Schedule|
|EDI 863||Report of Test Results|
|EDI 865||Purchase Order Change Acknowledgment/Request – Seller Initiated|
|EDI 866||Production Sequence|
|EDI 867||Product Transfer and Resale Report|
|EDI 869||Order Status Inquiry|
|EDI 870||Order Status Report|
|EDI 873||Commodity Movement Services|
|EDI 874||Commodity Movement Services Response|
|EDI 875||Grocery Products Purchase Order|
|EDI 876||Grocery Products Purchase Order Change|
|EDI 877||Manufacturer Coupon Family Code Structure|
|EDI 878||Product Authorization/De-authorization|
|EDI 879||Price Information|
|EDI 881||Manufacturer Coupon Redemption Detail|
|EDI 882||Direct Store Delivery Summary Information|
|EDI 883||Market Development Fund Allocation|
Full List of 800 Transaction Codes: Transportation
|EDI 854||Shipment Delivery Discrepancy Info|
|EDI 858||Shipment Information|
|EDI 859||Freight Invoice|
New to EDI? Check out our post: What is EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)?