EDI connections are the backbone of business-to-business (B2B) information transactions in supply chains so it’s important to understand how each of these business documents are coded. This post will dive into the transaction codes for the 200 series, specifically the codes categorized for transportation EDI as Carrier Documents and truck related documents.
Most common transaction codes:
204: Motor Carrier Load Tender
- This document contains shipping rates, fuel prices, and product information about what is getting sent on that truck.
- This transaction set can be used to allow shippers or other interested parties to tender a shipment to a full load, or truckload, motor carrier including detailed scheduling, equipment requirements, commodities, and shipping instructions pertinent to a load tender. It is not to be used to provide a motor carrier with data relative to a Less-than-Truckload bill of lading, pickup notification, or manifest.
210: Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice
- This document is similar to the 810 but is carrier specific.
- This transaction set can be used to provide detailed information for charges for services rendered by a motor carrier. It is used both as a motor carrier invoice to request payment and as details pertaining to motor freight shipment charges.
214: Transportation Carrier Shipment Status Message
- This transaction set can be used by a transportation carrier to provide shippers, consignees, and their agents with the status of shipments in terms of dates, times, locations, route, identifying numbers, and conveyance
- This allows for better management, as problems and issues become visible earlier in the process.
Full List of 200 Transaction Codes
|EDI 204||Motor Carrier Load Tender|
|EDI 210||Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice|
|EDI 211||Motor Carrier Bill of Lading|
|EDI 212||Motor Carrier Delivery Trailer Manifest|
|EDI 213||Motor Carrier Shipment Status Inquiry|
|EDI 214||Transportation Carrier Ship. Status Message|
|EDI 215||Motor Carrier Pick-up Manifest|
|EDI 216||Motor Carrier Shipment Pick-up Notification|
|EDI 217||Motor Carrier Loading and Route Guide|
|EDI 219||Logistics Service Request|
|EDI 220||Logistics Service Response|
|EDI 222||Cartage Work Assignment|
|EDI 223||Consolidators Freight Bill and Invoice|
|EDI 224||Motor Carrier Summary Freight Bill Manifest|
|EDI 225||Response to a Cartage Work Assignment|
|EDI 227||Trailer Usage Report|
|EDI 228||Equipment Inspection Report|
|EDI 240||Motor Carrier Package Status|
|EDI 250||Purchase Order Shipment Management Document|
|EDI 244||Product Source Information|
|EDI 290||Cooperative Advertising Agreements|
New to EDI? Check out our post: What is EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)?